Iyar's AdvenJahs in SpaceTime

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

My Dearest Uncle,

Funny that I should write to you in a language other than our beloved Hebrew, a sign of the bilingual cross cultural identities that you and I share.

I feel we share even more than this. I feel we share the same faith, not Judaism, nor atheism but pure unadulterated mysticism. Be it in Hebrew or English, Arabic or Sanskrit, we know who we are, where we are headed and where we have come.

Years ago, a physical ailment inflicted your body and the forecasts were grim. At one point last year, I recall you saying this was the single greatest gift bestowed upon you. I was most impressed with this statement. Only an enlightened being owns up to his or her destiny, embracing life’s greatest challenges as an opportunity to discover, what we are made of – stardust!

And so my solar soul, we meet once more, on paper or in the web, always inexorably interlinked, by virtue of memory, bloodline, and most importantly – spiritual cohesiveness.

You, Adi, have been a pillar and a role model in my life, these last couple of years. I thank you for all that you have meant to all of us. Your behaviour has constituted a beacon of shining light. That little bell inside of me, that always rings when truth is uttered, has chimed non stop around your presence.

I love you dearly and you shall always be with me, through all eternity.

Your nephew and spiritual comrade,

Iyar

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home